Staying Focused and United
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one–as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. John 17:21
We are not fighting flesh and blood; we are at war but not with mankind. The enemy is constantly seeking to distract us from whole heartedly praying in unity for the Church, the lost in our community, our nation or regarding the darkness encroaching. We are not unaware…
However we have the victory through praise, worship and prayer not by our own clever strategies and plans.
So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty. “What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’” Zechariah 4:6-7
Let us arise to pray against any devices of the enemy that may cause us to lose focus or be disunited. Father we ask in Jesus name that:
- We are purified and released from all distractions so as to really press in with You.
- We do not hold unforgiveness in our hearts as we pray for this nation to be forgiven.
- You give us renewed compassion for the lost.
- Make us thirsty for You, that we will not be satisfied with the status quo.
- Open our eyes to see the harvest that is vast and requires labourers.
- Our worship is from the heart and not a ritual and that You break our hearts with what breaks Yours.
- We are inspired by the Holy Spirit to pray according to the will of the Father not our own and that we hear clearly from the Lord.
- The mountains are levelled and darkness is forced to flee.
- We recognise that You are mighty to save and therefore will not relent in evangelism and prayer.
- Touch our hearts to be willing and obedient so we can be useful vessels unto You.
- Our eyes become open to see that we are stronger together in You.
- We forsake rivalry, competition and self promotion within the Church; that we lay down every personal agenda so that you will be glorified.
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11
Let us pray in Jesus name for:
- Protection for all the prayer warriors and their families; that the blood of Jesus wards away all affliction from them and their families.
- That the full armour of God is in place for all of us in our daily walk and we are taught by the Lord how to keep wearing it.
- That we remain victorious in every step of this battle and no weapon fashioned against us shall prosper.
- That His will be done in our lives and that we will not be derailed from being fruitful for His Kingdom.
Lord make us into excellent instruments in Your Kingdom and may Your great name be glorified.
Divine Wisdom and Revelation
Let us pray and declare these scriptures for every Christian in the forefront, watching and praying for the Kingdom of God to be established in our land:
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, Ephesians 1:17-20
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19