Praying for the Healing of Our Land
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Let us continue to pray for the church as a body, our country and its leaders.
For the Church
- We want to confess our sins of compromise and silence, while the wicked have been so vocal.
- We confess lack of unity and embracing competition.
- We confess our idols and wrong priorities.
- We confess our lack of prayer and lack of Holy Spirit oil flowing in our lives and meetings.
- We confess our lack of readiness as the Bride of Christ.
For the Nation
Lord we pray:
- For forgiveness on behalf of our Land.
- That You spare our nation and save the people.
- That You direct church leaders and the Church as a whole on how to take our position as the salt and light.
- That the government and all decision makers will be subject to Your will.
- For restoration of our nation as we repent; that judgement should not come upon our nation.
Let us pray in Jesus Name that darkness is forced to hide and that we take back what the enemy has stolen. Let us continue to bring the body of Christ and our land earnestly before the Lord in prayer.
Praying for Our Leaders
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
Let us pray for:
Our Prime Minister
- For her protection, for strength and wisdom.
- For Christians around to support and encourage her, and help her keep the faith, and uphold Christian values.
The Members of Parliament
Thank you Lord for the political leaders who are speaking for Christ – this is an answer to prayers.
Father we pray:
- For all Christian MPs, that they will stand for what they believe in.
- For the protection of those on these big platforms who stand up for Christ; that they will not be put to shame.
- That your goodness and mercy will follow them always.
- That through them your glory will be seen.
- That more Christians will rise up in your power and boldly speak out against this popular dark tide of Christian persecution.